BELOIT HEALTH SYSTEM: NEW VISITOR RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 2: NOW VISITORS ALLOWED
BELOIT, WI. (October 30, 2020) – In an abundance of caution and until further notice, Beloit Health System has reinstated visitor restrictions to protect the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community. As COVID-19 continues to evolve, BHS has updated visitor restrictions to reduce the risk to our patients and staff. The following visitor policies remain in place:
- All visitors must be screened at the front entrance and pass a health screening process in order to enter the facility.
- Pediatric patients: two visitors per hospitalization
- Pregnant women in labor or newly delivered: one visitor per hospitalization
- Critical Care/End of Life situations: will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Nursing Supervisor/Unit Director/Physician.
Unless an escort is required for a cognitively disabled or physically impaired patient, the escort must wait in their vehicle. Staff and hospital patients are not permitted to provide oversight to visitors who cannot care for themselves. Visitors should refrain from bringing in items (example: personal, food, beverage, flowers, etc.) to a patient, unless medically necessary.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your family. We recognize that these restrictions can be disappointing to our patients and visitors. We are taking these actions because the health and safety of you, our patients, and care team remain our top priority during this heightened time of COVID-19. We encourage you to use video messaging, FaceTime, Skype, and phone calls to visit with your loved ones in the hospital. Video chat portals are also available for patient use. If you need assistance, please call our main line at 608-364-5011.
As public health remains a top priority, proactive steps that the health system is currently taking include:
- Prescreening protocol is in effect, please call our designated hotline at: 800-303-5770.
- Please visit the BHS website for updates: beloithealthsystem.org
- More detailed information is available on the COVID-19 website cdc.gov/coronavirus
Helpful Reminders – Please continue to:
- Wear a mask or face covering that covers both your nose and mouth
- Practice good hand hygiene, using hand sanitizer or soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Stay home when you feel unwell
- Continue to follow Public Health Guidance
About Beloit Health System
Beloit Health System is an independent community health system serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We offer world-class facilities and services to improve the overall health of the communities we serve with cornerstones for quality, engagement, integrity, and patient satisfaction.
If you would like more information about this release, please contact Megan Goggin, Manager of Marketing and Community Relations at Beloit Health System at 608.363.5714 or email email@example.com