BELOIT HEALTH SYSTEM: NEW VISITOR RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
BELOIT HEALTH SYSTEM: NEW VISITOR RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
BELOIT, WI. (March 20, 2020) – In an abundance of caution and until further notice, Beloit Health System has activated the next level of visitor restrictions to protect the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community.
In the context of Rock County’s second confirmed case of COVID-19 today, BHS has implemented a No Visitors Allowed restriction with the following exceptions:
- Pediatric patients: two visitors at a time per hospital stay
- Pregnancy women in labor or newly delivered: one visitor at a time per hospital stay
- End of Life situations: will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Nursing Supervisor or Unit Director
- Outpatient Procedure/Surgery: One visitor per Outpatient Procedure/Surgery is permitted
If an escort is coming in with a patient for a procedure etc., the escort will be asked to wait in their vehicle and we will assist the patient to their appointment (unless the escort is needed for medical decision making). To ensure compliance with this new visitor policy, only the main entrances (Front of the Hospital and ED) will be accessible to patients and approved visitors.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your family. We recognize that these restrictions can be disappointing to our patients and visitors. We are taking these actions because the health and safety of you, our patients and care team remain our top priority during this heightened time of Covid-19. We encourage you to use video messaging, FaceTime, Skype, and phone calls to visit with your loved ones in the hospital. If you need assistance, please call our main line at 608-364-5011.
- Please visit the BHS website for updates: beloithealthsystem.org
- More detailed information is available on the COVID-19 website: cdc.gov/coronavirus
About Beloit Health System
Beloit Health System is an independent community health system serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We offer world-class facilities and services to improve the overall health of the communities we serve with cornerstones for quality, engagement, integrity and patient satisfaction.
If you would like more information about this release, please contact Megan Goggin, Manager of Marketing and Community Relations at Beloit Health System at 608.363.5714 or email email@example.com